Williams-Sonoma’s free cooking & technique classes for July 2012, is all about DIY Canning. Classes are held on Saturday or Sunday depending on the store’s schedules. Times also vary from store to store. Please call ahead to confirm the time and day. Registration is highly recommended, as these classes fill up quickly. Attend any of these classes, and you’ll get a 10% discount on same-day purchases.
Here’s this month’s schedule:
- July 7/8, 2012: “DIY Canning” A great introduction to the basics of canning. Learn how to prepare ingredients and use the water-bath method to make a mixed fruit jam.
- July 14/15, 2012: “Grow, Cook, Eat Tomatoes” Taste the difference of heirloom and homegrown tomatoes. Learn how to select, store, peel and seed tomatoes.
- July 21/22, 2012: “DIY Canning” A step-by-step lesson in preparing and canning tomato classics, including a savory sauce and a zesty summer salsa.
- July 28/29, 2012: “Grow, Cook, Eat Summer Fruits” This class is all about making the best of summer’s fruits. Learn how to make seasonal cobblers, salads, infused drinks and grilled fruit.
Williams-Sonoma’s stores are located at:
- 100 Bloor St. Tel: 416-962-9455
- Sherway Gardens. Tel: 416-621-9005
- Toronto Eaton Centre. Tel: 416-260-1255
- Yorkdale. Tel: 416-781-3770